Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chaisit offers to mediate

3/02/2010
Bangkok Post
Former army commander-in-chief Gen Chaisit Shinawatra on Wednesday afternoon offered to mediate between outspoken army specialist Maj Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol and the army leadership.
“As a former superior of Maj Gen Khattiya while I was the army chief, I will ask him to cease all activities that affect the army,” said Gen Chaisit, an elder cousin of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.
The retired senior general said Maj Gen Khattiya, better known as Seh Daeng, is a competent person and had done his duty well when assigned to a mission in far South.
“I do believe that Seh Daeng is a person who loves and respects the army and his superiors. However, army chief Gen Anupong Paojinda should be open-minded and forgive his subordinate,” he said.
Gen Chaisit said that if he had the opportunity he would discuss Seh Daeng’s case with Gen Anupong as it was in no-one's best interests for the dispute to continue.
The army must be united and should not be a puppet of the political branch, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment